The 20 Worst Moments Mets Fans Shared To Get Free Therapy
Earlier this week, UMA announced Free Therapy for Mets Fans. There was only one stipulation. In order to earn a free therapy session, new UMA users had to share their most difficult moment as a Mets fan. Fortunately / Unfortunately, we’ve had hundreds of people already submitting their worst Mets moments in order to get free therapy.
Here are twenty of the best stories shared:
- How do you give up 25 runs in nine innings?
- The collapse during the last month of the 2007 season.
- Watching Beltran steal signs from Chavez on second base in the 2006 NLCS. But the Cardinals figure it out and Beltran watch a 0-2 curveball down the middle for strike three.
- The combination of watching Harvey leave game five of the 2015 World Series in the 9th inning and then having Familia blow the save.
- I knew we would crash and burn after our 12-2 start and a USA Today headline that “The Mets were Playoff Bound”. I should have listened to Dan Dan the Yankee fan and hopped on the Bronx bandwagon.
- Lucas Duda’s throw to the plate during game five of the 2015 World Series.
- Conor Gillaspie’s three-run home run off Familia in the 2016 wild card game. Still haunts my dreams to this day.
- Losing the 2015 World Series since I will never see the Mets again in the World Series in my life.
- I gotta pick one? From this year? Every deGrom-started game I’ve been to this year.
- Oh god, there have been so many. I think my worst, most and most embarrassing Mets moment was when Harvey missed a start because he’d been out partying and then everyone lied about it.
- The collapse of 2008 and pretty much every season except 2015.
- Every time the Mets have multiple chances to score but do not.
- The depression of going to the World Series in 15 and the Wild Card game in 16 and thinking that this was going to be the best era of baseball in the franchise’s history only to have it crumble into the ground.
- The worst part of being a Mets fan is the constant reminder that sometimes hope doesn’t exist.
- Every game… they always lose.
- Watching Jeurys Familia blow 3 saves in the 2015 World Series.
- The excitement on opening day, just to get my heart broken again… and again…
- Being excited when we started this season 11-1 and then going 33-60 since!
- Worst Mets’ moment? The Wilpons’ buying the team.
- The day I became a Mets fan.
What’s your worst moment as a Mets fan?
Visit FreeTherapyForMetsFans.Com to share your experience and earn free therapy!
Please share the article and follow us: